Wednesday, August 4, 2010

East Texas

This past weekend we were able to get away for a much needed few days of R&R. We headed to my parents house in Gladewater on Thursday evening and were able to let Luke sleep much of the way. On Friday my parents played with Luke all day while Mark and I went to Canton all day. It was like 110 degrees, but we had a great time and was nice to hang out just the two of us. I LOVE Canton Weekend because of all the unique treasures you can find shopping and Mark likes it ok because he gets to eat lots of fun food! We ordered some barstools for our house. I will look forward to going back when it is cooler! We then spent Saturday and part of Sunday on Lake Cypress...it was sooo great!! My aunt's boyfriend, Steve, has a fabulous 3 bedroom house right on the lake, beautiful pine trees, huge deck, rocking chairs, 2 jet skis, boat, tube... it was so great!! We got to spend lots of time with my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma, brother, and his girlfriend, Sarah! Luke was well taken care of the whole time and we all were very sad to leave. It was a long trip back to LJ on Sunday and much discussion of buying our own lake house (yeah right!!), building a deck (possibly) and getting a pool (again yeah right!!). We can't wait to go back... if we are invited!
Luke with grandma "Honey" and great grandma Hall. Luke is not spoiled at all!



The lake was beautiful!!

Just chillin'

So sweet...like father, like son!

Yes they match!

Too cool! His little blue eyes and fair skin are so sensitive!

He did NOT like wearing this!! haha

Tubing! I still have bruises on my legs, but it was so much fun! Think I could do this everyday!


Luke had so much fun!


Relaxin' in the Hammock!

2 comments:

Amanda McD said...

Love the pictures! And yes...I want a pool too, but Mike says not until our kids get older. Like that's the only thing stopping us...ha!!

mindy said...

Did you ever see the HGTV dreamhome on Lake Tyler? I SO tried to win that! So pretty up there!!!
Looks like fun...i LOVE LOVE the picture of Luke in his sunglasses and hat. Such adorable cheeks! :)