Thursday, February 11, 2010

Our Baby Story

Well we now have a baby story to tell. Here is the short and sweet version. We went into the hospital last Thursday evening to induce labor, but by Friday evening my labor stopped progressing and my doctor decided a C-section was best...not my plan at all...but listened to my doctor! So at 7:44pm on February 5, 2010 our little boy Luke Jagger Walker came into this world. He weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was 20 inches long. He is and was perfectly beautiful and healthy! We are soo thankful!! There were many at the hospital late that night to welcome him here including Mark's parents that live here in LJ, my parents and brother from East Texas and my sister and brother-in-law from California! It was such a special time! Our family and friends visited all weekend and we came home this past Monday. We are adjusting to our new little life as best we can. It is definately the most humbling experience either of us has ever had and the most special time between Mark and I. We are trying to sleep when he does and so far things have been going well. I have not left my pajamas or worn makeup for a week, which is actually kind of nice! Anyway, will post more later. Thanks for all your prayers! We are so blessed!
This is the most recent pic of Luke...Dad teachin' him some XBox skills early!

A quick trip at Bucees on our way to the hospital!
My husband likes to take pics! Right after we checked in to the hospital and got "settled."
About to go in for our C-section...after hours of labor I didn't progress so this was the next step!

When I first got to see him! Debated about putting this up because how horrible I look, but hey this is the reality after they cut you open! haha

While he was being weighed and measured. I could hear him crying from across the room.

The first time our families saw Luke! I was still in surgery and Mark got to go up to the nursery!






My parents and brother were here from East Texas and Mark's parents too.

Luke with Aunt Natalie who came in from California to meet him (along with her husband Matt)!




Leaving the hospital and driving home. All of his chosen "come home in" outfits were way too big!!

Arriving Home from the hospital!



Some of his first days at home!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

He is the most adorable baby ever!! I love the one of him playing x-box...I made my co-worker come see it! Things will get easier. The first couple of weeks are always a bit overwhelming...especially after a c-section.